Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dreams are not for the faint hearted

Ever think about your dreams?
I'm talking about the goals in your life.
The BIG PICTURE

Maybe it's a little dream, like "I will get into shape this year"

or a big one like, "I want to be a billionaire"

or an even bigger one "I want to teach Generation Z that books are better than computers"

or a downright funny one: "I vow to be less vague about stuff"

Having a get together with my friends and talking a little about goals in life got me coining this awesome quote that I thought of on the spot.

"Dreams are not for the faint hearted"
(Googled it as well just to make sure. such is the power of Google)

Because, to pursue your dreams, you're gonna need alot of hard work, sacrifice(time, social life, relationships), yada yada yada, especially if you've taken the path of a professional (doctor, lawyer, accountant)
You're thinking that perhaps you may not have it all like a loving spouse, 2 kids, big house with lawn, a dog,excellent social life, and when you have achieved the dreams in your life and you look beside you to find..your cell phone/blackberry buzzing away to tell you that you are needed in surgery/the boardroom..you're gonna feel empty inside.

But trust yourself that those are achievable ALONG the way of pursuing your dreams.
Some CAN have it all.Why not you?
Perhaps those who have it all understand the give and take of life, or those once consumed with work understood that they have achieved enough to walk away from the job to start a different dream.

As I posted a motivational picture before

"If you are looking for the love of your life, stop;
They will be waiting for you when you start doing things you love"

 Perhaps in ways much more different than you dreamed of, I might add

What is my dream?
Well,ask me over a cup of tea, and then I'll tell you my big picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails