Monday, November 15, 2010

Friday Night Lights,GPS and Handheld puppets

Today I'd like to have a go at 2 completely separate subjects that have completely nothing to do with each other.

Friday Night
Met up with my ex-colleagues last week to celebrate the much belated house warming of Jo's spanking new house in a not-so-spanking-new neighbourhood.
Where is it?Good ol' SS2 near the Taman Sea School.

Of course,Friday's are the best time to do a bbq for ones' housewarming,but boy,did I have a bit of a bothersome Friday. Lately,it seems that doodoo has been happening on a Friday, but that did not deter me from pulling through to evening to finally embark on the adventure that is "Find Jo's House"
Ok,so my knowledge of PJ ain't the best, and frankly, it has been QUITE a while since I have used the LDP or even ventured into SS2, apart from one time I think this year where I went to the Fatty Crab(which,if u ask me,is kinda "meh". I have tasted better at lower prices.but that is another story altogether)

So I pick up jolly Farizzah from Dataran Maybank in Bangsar, and head on off towards SS2, where I was DAMN sure you take the non-TTDI tollbooth on the Sprint highway.Yeah, I nailed that bit
But then..this is when problems started.
To put the story short, we got lost(well,I kinda thought that the Taman Bahagia Station was AFTER Kelana Jaya.Guess I was wrong.Sorry Farizzah)
I need a GPS

We arrived about an hour and a half late.
But no worries, I brought JAEGERMEISTER and REDBULL!WOOTTTT!
Unfortunately...my ex colleagues never shared a shred of my enthusiasm.sigh....
I am now left with 5 cans of Redbull and 1 nearly full bottle of Jaegermeister

BBQ verdict:
self toasted garlic bread is awesome
not everyone eats chicken wings (It is against my beliefs and my religion.someone ask me what my religion is)
we'll have pizza and sandwiches next bbq(perhaps at Peter's?)
don't bring Jaegermeister and Redbull

and on a seperate note
Have any of you lot played with hand puppets before?
You know, those which you could DIY with a sock, some sewing materials, buttons and whatnot, or to the more elaborate off-the-shelf store bought ones.
I did play with a couple of them when I was a kid. A koala and a wombat. guess where they came from?

Anyhoo, my mom was showing me a new hand puppet she bought from her travels from somewhere. It was a frog that could be turned inside out when you kiss it to becomee....a Prince!
Technology these days.
And my mom had to end her presentation with, "would you like to stick your hand up the Prince's arse?"
Her words, not mine:)

Long live the handheld puppets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails