Friday, June 4, 2010

Catching Up with Friends

It is great to catch up with a couple of friends' whom you haven't met in the last five years.
What makes it better is that they're from another country,and they were down here for a holiday.
Add to the fact that they called to tell me they're in town and would like to meet up after all these years is even better still!
Who are these friends' and where are they from?

Welp,they are Saad and Shahed, 2 great folks hailing all the way from Bangladesh(yes,you heard right people)
No,they aren't factory workers.Bangladesh does have other things going for them other than supplying factory workers/construction site workers to the world.

They were in fact some of my first friends' in college(when I started out at Taylor's)
And boy are they fun to hang out with!

So after all these years,the regular question pops up.Have they changed much?what are they doing now etc?
well,first question,not much changed in terms of appearance AND personality.They're still the fun loving guys,but with a grown up edge,now that they are responsible chaps running their own businesses.

I also got to meet Shahed's girlfriend,who hails from Nepal(yes,you read that right as well!) and she's quite a darling as well.better treat her well man
Now I know who to call when I decide to conquer Mt. Everest

Anyhow,it was interesting to catch up with how everyone's been, about work, joking about our college days (man did we have some great times then),talking about each others' countries etc.

Since I'm not marrying anytime soon,I'll be attending their weddings.
This is my promise to them.

So I look forward to that day guys.
Great meeting up with fellers today. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails