Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 5,Proud to be Kiwi

For those of you who don't know,I am actually half Kiwi!
and I gotta say,even though I didn't watch the All-Whites battle it out with Slovakia, to be great underdogs and coming back from a goal down to hold a more fancied side

The last time I went to New Zealand was when I was 14,and my family and I celebrated New Year's there,in a port town called Kawhia (pronounced Ka-Fia) where my cousin stays with her family.
Kawhia is awesome,where you can cast a net and pick up some fish, and also go to the buoys and pick up some fresh mussels!(which I don't eat,but my cousins and 2nd cousins do.They ate some raw,by prying it open,adding a lil lemon juice and pop it in your mouth!Ugh....raw food.I'm no fan of raw food.More of that when we go through this blog)

Backtracking a little,when I was on the plane about to land in New Zealand,we zoomed over quite a fair bit of farmland,which were littered with lots of "maggots". These are of course,sheep grazing on the hills. But it was quite a sight. And I hear that there are more cows in New Zealand than people,so if there's ever a Planet of the Cows sort of evolutionary takeover,you betcha ass it's gonna be New Zealand that is the epicenter.

New Zealand is also seen as the place to do extreme sports.Sky Diving,Slingshotting, Para gliding, etc, NZ is the place to get it all. I think there's a place in Queensland(if i'm not mistaken) that has quite alot of these things.Me and my sis had ourselves a great time riding the carts on some real extreme downhill courses.However,we didn't have the guts to go assisted-para gliding.
Yeah,that's why we're half Malaysian.still sensible enough to balance out the whacked out Kiwi in us.

Anyways,enough about NZ travels,here's some World Cup stuff!

Get booked for taking of your shirt? Well worth it if you've just scored the equalizer at the FRICKIN WORLD CUP!Congratulations All-Whites! (Winston Reid ladies and gents) courtesy of Getty Images

The days' other match. 0-0 Portugal V Ivory Coast.
Kinda another bore-draw at the World Cup.But in the Group of Death,you'd expect cautious approaches.
Yaya Toure: I'mma kick the ball so hard like dis!
Ronaldo: Yeah?Well I'mma kick the ball HARDER and make a funny face like DIS! WACHHHAAA!

*signing off coz I ain't catching the Brazil match.
Hope they score a few nice goals.
Sorry Korean republic,but you have a monumental task.
I wish you good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails