Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sinkholes aren't fun

Well,I may be a little late behind the news,but today I trudged into work,limping (courtesy of a heinous tackle by some unnamed No.10 while playing football. Don't you worry,the karma gods will rip your ACL's and dangle them in front of you while you watch and end up wasting your life in a wheelchair for the rest of your life.yes,ANGRY I AM.Didn't even have the courtesy to say sorry as well.It was up to his team captain who came over and apologized.kudos to him,big fat *blek* at No.10)

Anyways,at the end of the day,I limp over to my colleagues' spot,and he mentioned the Sinkhole tragedy that has happened(we talked a little about it over lunch,now he's gonna show me pics and the news)

This happened in Guatemala ladies and gents. Not a pretty sight AT ALL.
Death toll estimated 175 and going up. Hurricane Agatha is the cause for this tragedy.
I sort of know a Guatemalan (My sisters' friend,Chinese Guatemalan btw) I sure hope her family is safe and sound.

Pic 1: close to the hole,you can see a house or 2 can fit snugly in there (Pic courtesy of Getty images on dailymail.co.uk)

Zoom out a bit,and you can REALLY see what a monster this Sinkhole is!(again from Getty,dailymail.co.uk)

While Googling,I found this image that explains how a sinkhole happens. I didn't open the website source,so I cite Google. Moral of the story?don't live over caves with limestone.

But hey,not all sinkholes are bad.Ancient ones such as this has provided a pretty neat mini valley type pretty scene. I gotta find out where this is (think about that cartoon, the land before time and you sorta think it's a massive sinkhole when you look at this pic) Citing Google coz I was lazy to open the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails