Saturday, June 12, 2010

Talking World Cup,What Else

Get a load of World Cup Coverage freshly peeled from the perspective of Everyone's Favourite Banana!

First Match
South Africa (Hosts) vs Mexico (lacking midfielders,apparently)

I gotta say,learning the names of the SA players was quite cool,and their Goalscorer,Tshabalala,reminds me very much of...

Balalala la bamba!balalala la bamba!
Tshabalala,not doing the La Bamba.(picture courtesy of Omar Torres/Getty Images)


However,his celebration was definately rehearsed with his teammates when they gathered near the corner flag:
Tshabalala: Hey my good chaps.If I score, let us mimic a bus driver eh?
Teammates: Which way do we turn the wheel?
Tshabalala:I think we make a right turn. RIGHT TURN GEDDIT?
Teammates:AWWWRIIIGHHTTT DAWWWWGGG!
*whole team chortles
*Pareirra not amused
*note,this is purely assumption,but I may not be far off.

In short,Mexico started brightly,both slightly tepid in the middle.However it picked up and the game started to open up as defences got sloppy and a 1 goal apiece was conceded.Fair enough for both teams I'd say,and SA coulda even won it in the end!

Backtracking a little,
Actually,when I went to Great Eastern to get me a bag of chips,I struck up a conversation with the guy waiting for his stuff to be tallied in front of me.He's from Turkey,and says he'll just watch it for fun.

The amazing thing was,I told him it'd be a draw(It turned out to be true!)and now I bet he's at home thinking,"Damn,I shoulda listened to the chinese guy.He sure knows a thing or 2 about football!"

Anyhow,it's time for France V Uruguay!
Lets hope for a kickass time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails